Tuesday, October 20, 2009


After getting rid of the 1990 YJ7 when I got my 2005 LJ Rubi there has been something missing in my heart. I guess it is kinda like breaking up with the first girl you ever dated... then the rest are just kinda another one along the way. There have been many many many SWB Jeeps that have been in my life for a brief period of time since geting rid of the YJ7. This 1986 CJ was one of those Jeep. I had been out scouring the countryside for abandon/parked CJ8's to salvage or part out when I came across this CJ. It was in great condition except for one thing, the exterior skins of the body tub had been bondo repaired at one point in time and they were falling apart. The floor, frame, tailgate, front clip, engine compartment, suspension, was all in excellent to near perfect condition. I replaced the side skins, and painted them to match, bead blasted the black paint off the factory rocker guards, installed a set of Z-Racing wheels from Sears for $250, and four BFG AT's. The Jeep had come with a hard top on it and full doors on it. I sold them, and installed a YJ version Bestop that I already had with the black fabric doors. This was a fun Jeep to own, but in the fall of 2008 my fiance and I made the decision to go back to one house so this Jeep had to go. I miss it. I'll probably never own another CJ that is as clean as that one was, but I made about $3000 on the whole deal, because I bought the Jeep for $1500 and sold it for $6000 after the work, tires, wheels, top, etc.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP